*Sit and Spit* with Maximilian Busser of MB&F and his new Horological Machine No 2.2

A while back I featured a watch by the company MB&F. To this day, not quite sure how my article found its way to the desk of owner, founder Maximilian Busser, but considered fate, it did. Over the past mouth, Max and I have had several conversations about his artwork where its been, where its heading, and how his watches are worlds away from ordinary. Max has since then become a good friend of mine, and his latest creation, the MB&F HM2.2 dubbed "Black Box" is just another reason why I am proud to feature his companies work here at PBB.com.

PB - So, tell me about the new piece.

Max - I am happy to be presenting on the Net today the HM2.2 “Black Box”, an HM2 redesigned by my old friend, the French designer Alain Silberstein. For the last 19 years, I have been visiting his booth at the Basel Fair expecting to be amazed, and he has never failed me ! In fact my first encounter with an Alain Silberstein watch dates back to my student years over 20 years ago: I was driving down a German Autobahn and overtook a BMW Z1 with it’s doors down and the driver wearing first world war pilot jacket, goggles and leather helmet – and a Silberstein Krono on his wrist. A sight I have never been able to forget…

So, a little more than a year back, I asked Alain if he would honour me with a redesign of our HM2. Well, he not only readily accepted, but floored me again ! Where I was expecting his signature colours, he came up with the “Black Box”. HM2.2 is in fact where both our universes join – It’s a little unnerving and it is beautiful (at least in my eyes !).

PB - There you have it! Check below for detailed images of his latest creation.

So here is the “beast” – entirely crafted out of Titanium, and there will be only 8 pieces made in total. It really is only for the pleasure of working together, and of course to pay homage to 23 years of Alain’s truly amazing creativity.

Oh, and to keep spirits high, this beauty comes in a the low range of $66,000 Usd. + Tax.

The Engine - Amazing!

Want more information on how to get one? Head over to MB&F.com for details.

"That's DOPE"
Share/Bookmark
blog comments powered by Disqus