DUB Magazine Feature: Topo: The Widebody King - D R O O L !


Many know of his work, but few know the man behind the widebody phenomenon. More of a behind-the-scenes-guy, Topo (a nickname given to him when he was a boy that means gopher in Spanish), is taking center stage with his latest widebody Camaro.

Dressed as if he’d been hard at work, the first thing out of Topo’s mouth was an apology for being late the day of the interview at the one-car garage he rents behind a barber shop in Paramount, CA. He immediately goes on to explain that he had just finished dropping off the Camaro at the paint shop so to meet our deadline. “I was working on the car all weekend,” he says, ushering us into his garage where another Camaro was already parked. “Man, I felt the pressure on this one. I’ve had a lot of deadlines, but they were all personal. If I didn’t have it ready on time, I didn’t let anyone down. But with this job, I didn’t want to let DUB down. I pushed to get it done on time.” What normally takes anywhere from two to three weeks, depending on the car, Topo had to get the Camaro ready in half that time. Read more and see the full gallery at dubmag.net.

"That's DOPE"

Share/Bookmark
blog comments powered by Disqus